Gina's Crocheting Etc.

Crochet Crafts that I would like to share with others and see their projects.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sam - My Lost Baby

I had a wonderful gift in Sam. He was a joy to me for nearly 12 years. I lost him last week due to cancer. My world is just not the same anymore. It is hard to imagine how much a cat has an effect on your every day life. But Sam was always larger than life. I believe he saw himself as a panther when he looked in the mirror as he was always fearless. He could be aggressive when necessary but also was the most sensitive and loving cat I have ever been around. If I was ever upset, raised my voice or cried, Sam came running to the rescue and would rub my face with his until he thought I was okay. He isn't here to rub my face now as the tears fall while I try to type this. I hope everyone is blessed with an animal or a friend that means as much to them as Sam did to me.
The pictures I am posting are when he was well and weighed in at 25 lbs or more. At the end, he probably only weighed about 5 or 6 lbs. but he still showed his affection right up to the end. He will be forever missed and irreplaceable.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pat R. said…

    We all loved Sam.

    Love,

    Mom

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    I still miss him daily. Life just isn't the same in our home without him. He ruled the roost.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I came to look at your crochetting projects from CP on yahoo but then I read about Sam. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. As I read your post my own "baby" was seeking attention. Her name is Punkin. Hugs

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Gina said…

    Thank you so much. I still miss him daily. We also never realized until he was gone how much of our lives actually revolved around him and his needs & wants. I still have three left but they aren't near as dear to my heart as my Sam was. Give Punkin a hug for me.

    Gina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home