Gina's Crocheting Etc.

Crochet Crafts that I would like to share with others and see their projects.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Marine Blue Mistake

This was the first ripple afghan I made using the Marine Blue Chenille Thick & Quick. Although this afghan did not turn out as planned, these photos show the color much better than the other post. I do not know if I got some defective yarn or somehow messed up and used hot water in the washing of it when completed but the yarn seemed to stretch and wound up with big loops everywhere. I took it to show my Mom and was ready to pitch the thing as I was so dissapointed in the outcome. However my friend, Mahsa, loved the afghan and said since she wasn't a crocheter, she would have assumed I made it that way on purpose as she loved it. So I gave it to her. She has since written me that numerous people have asked her how she made it.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger ♥ KNITTING ART said…

    Mmmm Looks Lovely :o)

     
  • At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you. I was ready to throw it away or let my hubby use in his truck to keep the seats clean until Masha fell in love with it. Then I was just glad to have found it a home.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    The Chenille Thick & Quick has gorgeous colors, but I had the same problem with the looping, especially when I blocked it.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    The Chenille Thick & Quick has gorgeous colors, but I had the same problem with the looping, especially when I blocked it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home